Friday, March 24, 2006

A tribute to Breckin Meyer






I must thank Dave Faber for this post; he reminded me of the upcoming film Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties and gave the inspiration needed to write a tribute to Breckin Meyer.
If you do not know who Breckin Meyer is, then you should be banned from watching movies. Breckin Meyer is possibly the second greatest actor of all time next to Jim Varney. Breckin Meyer has appeared in countless movies in the past ten years, but his most famous role is that of Jon Arbuckle in the film adaptation of Garfield. Watch any scene in which Jon interacts with Garfield and it seems completely natural. Meyers' acting is so convincing that Garfield never seems like a CGI effect, but a real, breathing cat. There seems to be a genuine relationship between Jon and Garfield; only a great actor like Breckin Meyer could pull it off so convincingly. And the chemistry Meyers shares with the lovely Jennifer Love Hewitt is electrifying. When the two are onscreen parks literally fly. I don't know about you, but I would love to see more Breckin Meyer - Jennifer Love Hewitt films in the future. In fact, they have such chemistry that it wouldn't surprise me if they are secretly married in real life.
Hopefully, Meyer will be recognized for his brilliant work and be awarded Oscar for Best Actor in next year's Academy Award ceremony. Unfortunately, I don't think Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties will stand a chance of winning Best Picture, because it will up against the brilliant She's The Man and the heartwarming teen comedy Aquamarine. I don't know about you, but I'm already excited for next year's Oscar ceremony.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Alas, I'm the only person who could be married to Jennifer Love Hewitt, I still have that letter I wrote to her in Highschool, and always intended to give to her, expressing my undying love for her.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, and Breckin is married to Deborah Kaplan, who directed Can't Hardly Wait and Josie and the Pussycats.

Bryan Goggins said...

You're not Bryan Goggins!

Dave said...

Did you know Breckin Meyer was considered for the part of Jay in Kevin Smith's movie Mallrats?

Bryan Goggins said...

Even Breckin Meyer couldn't have made Mallrats good. At best, he would have made it slightly watchable.